When participating in Ballina Kayaks tours or using equipment hired from Ballina Kayaks, please bring the following items with you.
- Light clothing that will dry quickly. Synthetic materials and wool are best. Cotton clothing should be avoided and jeans are not appropriate for kayaking.
- Shoes are to be worn at all times due to oysters and other sharp objects. Please wear old joggers, wet booties or shoes that cannot easily come off and are able to be worn in the water. Thongs or slip-on shoes are not appropriate as they come off easily and do not offer adequate protection.
- Hat – A broad-brimmed hat or legionnaire style cap is best.
- Insect repellent
- One litre bottle of drinking water
- Rain jacket in wet weather
- Warm clothing in cool weather
- Towel and change of clothes to be left at start for after trip
- Completed and signed Ballina Kayaks Participant Documentation for each participant. Where a participant is less than 18 years of age, a parent or guardian should complete the paperwork on their behalf.
As there is limited room to carry extra items with you on the kayak, excess gear may need to be left behind at the start.
Please be aware if you bring a camera or a mobile phone, it may get wet. Ballina Kayaks takes no responsibility for any damage caused to photographic or electronic equipment.