Ballina Kayaks recognises that your privacy is very important and that you have a right to control your personal information. We appreciate that by giving us personal information about yourself, you are placing your trust in us to use it carefully and sensibly and we take that seriously.
When you visit the Ballina Kayaks website, the following information will be recorded by our Internet Service Provider (ISP) for statistical purposes:
- Your server address.
- Your top level domain (e.g. .com, .gov, .au etc).
- The date and time of your visit to the site.
- The pages accessed and the documents downloaded.
- The previous site visited.
- The type of browser and operating system used.
No attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activities from these records except in the unlikely event of an investigation by the ISP, or where a law enforcement agency exercise a warrant to inspect ISP log’s.
The Ballina Kayaks website contains cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is sent back to your computer’s hard drive from a host website. They record your preferences in relation to your use of a site and provide us with other information about your enquiry that allows us to recognize you in the future. The cookies on our sites do not read the information on your hard drive. They do not make your computer perform any actions or make your computer send information to any other computer via the Internet.
When you make a purchase on the Ballina Kayaks website, or send us a message requesting assistance or information about any of our products and/or services, you acknowledge and consent that by providing us with your personal information that we may collect, use, and disclose this information for the purposes in which it was collected, or to communicate with you about a related or ancillary reason. This could include but is not limited to the following reasons.
- To process and fulfil the order you have placed, including communicating its status and contacting you about delivery.
- To respond to your request for product or service information.
- Administer and manage the services we provide you.
- To third party service providers that assist us with the fulfilment or improvement of our products and services.
- For reporting purposes, or compliance in line with our legal obligations.
- To prevent fraud against yourself, Ballina Kayaks, or another third party.
- To seek your feedback in relation to the products or services you have purchased by way of a product review.
- To improve our website.
- To communicate with you on a regular basis about any offers, promotions, products, or services that may be of interest.
In order to fulfil all or any of the criteria above, we may contact you by the most appropriate method given individual circumstances, and this may include; email, SMS, MMS, mail, social media, or telephone.
We take all reasonable steps to protect all personal or company information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your information is stored securely whether in an electronic or physical form. For example, only personnel requiring access to the information are allowed access. All personal, company or confidential information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring password access.
Some information is kept for a number of years to comply with legal requirements. Any personal information that is no longer needed is destroyed.
You can request access at any time to personal information that we hold. We will process your request within a reasonable time. There is no fee for requesting access to your information; however, we may charge you the reasonable cost of processing your request. You may ask us at any time to correct personal information held by us about you which you believe is incorrect or out of date.
We aim to ensure that all information we hold, which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. You must promptly notify us if there are any changes to your personal information.
If you send us an email message we will record your contact details. We may use your email address to send you updates and newsletters. If we send you an electronic message we will give you the option of not receiving further communications of this nature. To unsubscribe from our email database, please send us an email with “UNSUBSCRIBE” typed into the subject.